Acts of Random Kindness
ACTS OF RANDOM KINDNESS
All students of Champions Martial Arts Academy are encouraged to show acts of random kindness on a regular basis. If we all took a little time to show random kindness to others, how much brighter could we make someone's day?
Each student is required to complete 1000 acts of random kindness before reaching the rank of Black Belt. In order to stay on track to complete this requirement, students should complete approximately 20 ARKs per month. A random act of kindness needn't be a complicated or a grand gesture. It could be something as simple as holding a door for someone or writing a thank you note. The suggestion list below is, at best, a fractional amount of possible ideas and meant to spark the imagination of participants in the program.
Things You Can Do at Home:
- Help with laundry or do the laundry without being asked.
- Do your brother's or sister's chores.
- Do some chores for your mom or dad that they would never expect you to do.
- Wash your parent's car without being asked.
- Make lunch for a family member.
- Send an encouragement card to someone you know who might need one.
- Pick up trash in your yard or a neighbor's yard.
- Mow your lawn without being told to do so or a neighbor's lawn when they are on vacation.
- Read a book to someone in your family or volunteer to read to others.
- Rake your yard or a neighbor's yard without being asked.
- Shovel or sweep your driveway or a neighbor's without being asked.
- Hug your dog or cat and feed your fish.
- Send someone a small gift anonymously.
- Hand write letters or cards to friends and family.
- Give out cinnamon hearts on Valentine's Day or any day for that matter.
- Write a thank you note to someone for something they said or did.
- Invite a friend over for dinner.
- Pass on information you receive in the mail or read about in the newspaper for things or events that you think another person might be interested in.
- Put money in an expired parking meter.
- Gather a group to clean up a parking lot.
- Buy shoes for someone.
- Adopt a family for Christmas.
- Volunteer at a hospital.
- Visit a nursing home.
- Offer help to friends or fellow students.
- Invite someone new to a social event.
- Adopt a stray animal.
- Smile at a bus driver.
- Return a shopping cart to the store.
- Buy biscuits or a big bone for your neighbor's dog.
- Compliment someone on their clothes.
- Treat your local police officer to coffee.
- Treat a friend to a movie.
- Write something nice about the waiter or waitress on the back of your bill.
- Open a door for someone.
- When you see something that is perfect for someone you know, buy it for them.
- Give up your place in line at the grocery store to the person with just one item.
- Volunteer in your community to help with a charitable event.
- Clean up trash in a park.
- Volunteer to help out at an animal shelter.
- Write a note of encouragement to someone who has just received sad news.
- Adopt a senior citizen or grandparent.
Things You Should NEVER Do:
- Never do ANY act of random kindness without first going over a list of acceptable acts with your parents.
- Never talk to or interact with a stranger without a parent's supervision and approval.
- Never go into a house or yard or get into a car of anyone (friend or stranger) without a parent's permission and supervision.
- Never do anything that would put you or someone else in harm's way.
- Never interact with an animal without a parent's permission and supervision.
Meghan's confidence has grown in leaps and bounds. She loves coming to AMAA and we love the "complete package" that's being taught at AMAA. Not just the martial arts, but also the equal emphasis placed on respect, ethics and good citizenship. Grandmaster, Professor, all their instructors & the STORM Team are true role models.
Danny Richardson, Software Manager